Politics, Jesus, Wee Wee's, and Sofas

Last night at work, I walked past an older lady who stopped me and said, "Can you help me for a minute?"

"Of course," I replied.

She had some questions about the colors of a sofa she was partial to.  We discussed things about the sofa and another one on the other side of the aisle.

This gal was a very tall black woman with an intense personality that reminded me of my elementary school teachers in Louisiana.

So I told her I'd need to go up to the front of the store and ask some questions to get the info she needed about the sofas.

"Are you new? Are you seasonal?"

"Yes, I've been here a little over a month.  I'm hoping they keep me after the holidays. But I just moved here from southern Utah.  Was working 40 hours a week and still couldn't pay rent.  So I moved in with my ex-husband on a temporary basis."

"Utah...that's where the Mormons are..."

"Yes, I was Mormon."

"Are you still Mormon?"

"No."

She laughed a sort of victory laugh and put her hand up for a high-five.  I couldn't help but start laughing myself. I high-fived her back and said, "And I voted for Obama."

Her laughter got louder and she threw her arms out to hug me.  We hugged a good, tight bear hug.  Then she said, "Sit down girl!  Sit down! We gon' havta talk! My name is Brenda Brown!"

So we sat on sofas facing each other.

"So what brought you here?" she asked.

"I came here so my kids can be close to their dad.  We've been divorced for 2 1/2 years."

"And there's no chance of reconciliation??"

"No... he's gay."

And simultaneously she gasped and her dentures popped out!  Which made her gasp again and proclaim, "Ashley, I wear these cause I'm having dental work done... That's a lie, that's just what I tell people, I'm not having dental work."

I have barely stopped laughing throughout this entire ordeal.

After she calmed down she got real serious and said, "Tell me more about this.  I'm gonna kill him."  Referring to Matt.  "Were you just shocked?"

"Um...no.  I knew before we got married."

"You knew?!"

"Yes, but we were Mormon, so we thought that-"

"Oh, I know!  I know about the Mormons!  I saw a documentary!  The Mormon church is a lie!  They ain't Christian!  I know that Obama is Christian.  That Mitt Romney ain't Christian!  Do you and your ex get along?"

"Yes, and I support him and-"

"Don't do that.  Don't support that. That's not of God.  You're not born that way.  That is born of sin!  My sister is gay.  She wasn't born that way.  My father beat her after she looked a boy, so she became interested in girls."

I'm sitting on the opposite couch doing that thing that my friend, Southern Sister, does when she's listening to something that she thinks is utterly ridiculous but doesn't want to be rude:  "Uh huh.  Hmmm... Okay," while nodding my head ever so slightly.

She continues, "And with those men, it's all about their wee wee!  Don't they know that's not always gonna work?!  Like everything else on our bodies, it's gonna droop!  It ain't gonna work forever!  And then what they gonna do??"

"Wow, yeah, right, hmmm..."

"The kids don't know, do they?"

"Yes, they know."

"Do they understand it?"

"I'm fairly certain."

After that, we started talking about sofas again. She got the help she needed from another sales associate, and I went back to stocking egg nog flavored scone mixes.







Comments

  1. Not to worry... people with here shallow way of thinking will die off soon enough. The world is becoming more educated and more beautiful as time progresses. Just yesterday I was told by my 14 year-old niece that 8 kids have come "out" at her school in Locust Grove, Oklahoma. It will just be a matter of time before the world is rid of the people with miscued views on homosexuals. It's about education and experience... and the old conservative thinking farts becoming a dying breed. Oh happy day! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friends, my name's Andrea Maria, from Stockholm - Sweden. I read good comments about your good job, I'm very happy for you all as i have found same happiness in myself, just Few weeks ago i read a good testimony on similar blog website at my work office, a comment posted by a lady Jennifer from Madrid she said a Great man from Africana nation called Dr.Oduduwa was able to bring back her ex boyfriend after 12 months of break-up. i was motivated, I gave it a try to contact same Oduduwa via: (dr.oduduwaspellcaster@gmail. com) for urgent solution to restore back my marriage for about 2 years i have been separated. Just immediately i send email message to Dr.Oduduwa, I received immediate reply, he told me that he can help me, he said my case is too simple for him to handle because he have solve similar cases over the years. I gave it a try because i have nothing to loose from trying. he demanded for photo images and i bought candles and other spell materials required for a successful result. Two days ago which was Tuesday morning after love spell portion activated, i got a phone call from my ex husband man, he talked with me so nicely and apologize for breaking up with me, he explained to me that he was feeling very sorry, i forgive him and thank him for coming back. it was shocking and a big surprise to me, so quick i witness instant love spell result at work in my life up till today, we are much more in love than ever before we came to an agreement to start our family planning all over again. i never could imagine it will work so quickly until yesterday morning my husband man came back home to meet me and our two lovely kids we are all happy as one family.
    Dr.Oduduwa has great magic spell powers to resolve the following:...
    1) love spell portion to win games
    2) Restore back Lost Love Spells
    3) Divorce Spells
    4) Spouses' trust spouses
    5) binding spelling to living together forever
    6) Breakup Spells (terminate relationship)
    7) Magic roots and herbs for strong errection and long lasting sex
    8.) Magic spell promoted in your Job office
    9) Magic spell to have a baby. (women fruit of womb)
    Note: I was desperate to get back my ex love man, it work more faster only desperate ones seeking for urgent result to restore back true love and peace in marriage relationship to contact Dr.Oduduwa immediately. WhatsApp mobile: +79268011965

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts