Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Feeling much gratitude today.

And I'm not saying that because I feel like I should or because that's what all my FB friends are posting today.

I really feel gratitude.  It's overwhelming.

I am grateful to have choices.  I am grateful to live in a country where taking things for granted is even a concept.  My mind cannot wrap itself around the horrors and oppression that still exist on Planet Earth.

I am grateful to live in a country where I am allowed to get a divorce.  I'm grateful to live in a place where I am allowed to work.  I am allowed to dress how I like.  I am allowed to make love to my boyfriend.

Funny thing about gratitude- it makes you miss things.

I miss my mom today.  So much.

I miss my sister, who is like an army of women packed into one person.  

I miss the South, the home of my childhood.

I miss Jeremy's warmth radiating next to me.

I miss Emma.

Bittersweet day today.  Mostly, sweet.

My wish for today is that everyone treats it like a holiday.  Talk about the voting, the candidates, and the country with an air of celebration.  Give yourself that while the excitement ripples through the nation today.  As long as the polling stations are open, celebrate.  Eat some bacon.  Get your favorite cup of coffee.  Treat yourself to something that brings you joy- a nap, a lunch date, a walk, or maybe just voting is enough...

Celebrate the joy of a day like today.





Comments

  1. I'm with you girl. :~) I celebrated my vote this morning with a Pumpkin Latte. So thankful for the U.S.A. Great words!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts