Moving to California

This move has been a long time comin'.

Matt got a job in southern California last September.  Even before that, I knew that I wanted us to be as geographically close as possible, because I want the kids to be close to their dad.  Other really good reasons are:  Matt and I are best friends, there is nothing really holding me here in Cedar City, maybe it's time for me to focus on really beginning my career as an actress...among others.

I've been in Cedar City for 8 years, which is the longest I've ever stayed put anywhere.  Before that it was the 4 years I spent in West Monroe, LA from age 8 to 12.

I say, if you're gonna live in Utah, Cedar is pretty dang great.  It's got a small town atmosphere, but with lots of diversity (for Utah).  Mountains, state parks, national parks, hiking, and Las Vegas are all crazy accessible.

But I'm off.  I still plan on focusing on my blog, giving it daily attention.  And, no, I do not have a job or place yet.  But my gut is speaking to me, "Now is the time."  I've never been wrong when I trust myself.

What about Jeremy you ask?  We still love each other very much, but he has his own plans involving his daughter.  When you're a parent, that mindset has to come first.  It's why we work.  It's why we get up in the  morning.  It's the reason we make big moves.

I haven't begun to clean out my town home, but I'm already exhausted.  Also, what the hell am I gonna do with my cats...

Comments

  1. Good Luck Lovely. So happy you're moving on and moving up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when I can help you move all your stuff into your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's a great adventure, with In&Out Burger, Trader Joes, and lunch with Lili. And Ary when he's not in the Caribbean. Happy trails! CA is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts